At Qnami we develop fundamental new technology using quantum mechanics. The control and measurement of the state of a single electron enables us to measure what could never be measured before. We call this quantum sensing and we are enthusiastically developing this technique to improve people’s lives and the world.
Qnami develops new scientific instrumentation using quantum technologies. The technique is called quantum sensing and Qnami is enthusiastically developing it to improve people’s lives and the world.
Qnami is a magnet for talent looking to join the quantum revolution at the pulse. Young, multicultural, open and skilled, we have a deep passion for our work. We are both business and scientific minded. Each of us offers their top unique skills plus an intense work ethic and enthusiastic spirit – because we believe in what we do. We value diversity and have created a flexible open team culture of mutual respect that supports employees’ development and enables all of us to live healthy, well-balanced lives.
Our first commercial product, the Qnami ProteusQ is a complete quantum microscope system. It is the first scanning NV microscope (nitrogen-vacancy) for analysis of magnetic materials at atomic scale. It allows scientists and R&D engineers to imagine and design the next generation electronics.
In order to scale our commercial activities and secure our leadership position in this emerging market, we are seeking a
Chief Marketing Officer
As Chief Marketing Officer, you will be responsible for the commercial activities for current and future Qnami products, and shape and guide the work of a multi-disciplinary team to drive the commercial success of Qnami. You will be part of the leadership team and contribute to shaping the company’s strategy.
In this position, your responsibilities will include
- Developing and implementing the business development, marketing and sales strategy for Qnami ProteusQ
- Building and maintaining a strong network within the scientific community
- Working closely with customers, technology and business partners to understand needs and opportunities and bringing insights back to Qnami product development
- Driving sales of Qnami ProteusQ and future Qnami products • Achieving sales targets • Shaping the team’s Agile development to ensure appropriate product evolution
- Collaborating with others in Qnami to fully leverage the technical capabilities, IP and know-how across the whole company
- Managing the relationship with our distribution network
Qnami offers you a great working environment and a chance to learn and grow:
- Play a leading role in a deep-tech quantum startup
- Be a core part of a motivated and energetic startup team who value both scientific free climbing and human connection
- Take accountability for scaling commercial activities at Qnami You are an experienced Product Director with great communication and relationship skills that complement your strategic, business development and technical foundation. You have the mindset of a startup CEO, and like to be hands-on and work with a diverse, multi-cultural team. You inspire others and know to listen to small signals within your entire team.
Your qualifications include:
- 8+ years of Product management (ideally launch of a scientific measurement instrument)
- Track record of sales to early adopter customers • Track record of scaling sales worldwide
- Technical credibility in materials science, measurement technologies giving you the foundation to engage customers and partners
- Master’s or Ph.D. degree in physics/electrical engineering • Experience with Agile development on multi-disciplinary teams
- Entrepreneurial spirit, passion for learning and a desire to work for a quickly growing company
- Experience in quantum science is an advantage
- Fluent in English, other languages are a plus
- Ability to travel up to 25% (once COVID allows!)
You will have responsibilities and a direct contribution to the growth of the company and the emergence of a quantum industry 1.0. Your salary will be based on your experience. The role is based in Muttenz, Switzerland. International travel is anticipated for this role.
Qnami was founded in 2017 in Basel, at the cross-roads of Switzerland, Germany and France, and builds on the work of Professor Patrick Maletinsky from the University of Basel. We explore implementation and application of quantum nitrogen-vacancy (NV) color center in diamond for high-performance sensing devices.
Please send your application (CV and motivation letter) to email@example.com
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org